Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reflection

Creating this weblog was a new experience to me, as I have never considered starting a blog before and have had no prior experience to blogging. In the beginning it was hard, but as I used the blog more the process became easier. Due to my lack of experience in blogging, I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to have a complicated design so I decided to make my intended audience an older age group. This explains the plain layout and the more formal conversational tone of the blog entries. The standpoint that I adopted as a blogger is a neutral tone, not creating too much biased or putting my own view forward, only in the short paragraphs at the end of each post. My aim was to be informative to the reader, not overcrowd them with just my point of view. I chose bold colours on a white space background, which I think coincide nicely with the chosen image.

I thought overall that making a weblog is seemingly easy once you get the hang of it. There is obviously a lot more that I can learn about blogging. Honestly, it doesn’t really appeal to me as a writer, I would rather see my work published in print, or at least on a professional news website. I don’t think that there’s much respect for the average blogger on blogspot.com in reference to hard news stories, however I do think that it is a good medium where people can express their thoughts and opinions to the wider public. I think it acts more as a public web journal more than anything, and that’s fine if that’s what somebody is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment